[Asterisk-Users] IVR Configuration in *

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sun Dec 21 05:31:30 MST 2003

>  Could you please point me to sources for setting up IVR system using
> asterisk. My goal is that when caller calls, four or five options are
> presented and inputs are accepted from the caller and then appropriate
> actions are taken depending on the inputs from the user.

The Asterisk handbook is a great starting point, and (IIRC) includes
examples for IVR.  It's located at http://www.asterisk.org/
index.php?menu=support, under the Handbook Project (just under the Google
search on the page).

There is also a full-blown IVR example in the default extensions.conf which
was provided when you installed asterisk.

You might want to read through the support page, as it also includes the
Wiki, unofficial forums and other sources which would have answered your
question faster than asking a question like this on the mailing list.  :-)

I won't point you off to google, as "asterisk IVR" and "asterisk IVR
example" did not turn up anything immediately obvious.

Regards,
Andrew