[Asterisk-Users] ivr key press?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Dec 20 20:06:47 MST 2003

I'm testing an ivr implementation (first time) using:
exten => 620,1,Wait,1
exten => 620,2,Answer
exten => 620,3,DigitTimeout,5
exten => 620,4,ResponseTimeout,10
exten => 620,5,Background(npi-greeting)  ; "Thanks for calling press 1 for"

exten => 1,1,Goto(npi-directory,s,1)

For initial testing, I've arbitrarily mapped this onto ext 620 (will
change that later when things are working as expected).

The initial "npi-greeting" message essentially says "...if you know
your party's extension, you can dial it at any time.  Press 1 for
Sales, etc."

If during this initial greeting I press 3000 (which is a valid extn),
I can only press the first "3" before I get kicked out (I can't dial
the full 3000).

Am I supposed to be setting this up to expect only single-digit
key presses (instead of 3000), or am I missing something that would
suggest waiting for four key presses?