[Asterisk-Users] Level(3) SIP termination services

Darnell Gadberry darnell at binmedia.com
Sat Dec 20 12:53:41 MST 2003

John,

I spoke with Level(3) last week regarding SIP termination.  They
quoted $0.01/minute, with an 11 Million Minute / Month minimum.

Ugh!

-dg

Darnell Gadberry
President
binaryMedia
darnell AT binmedia DOT com

------------

Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 21:12:22 -0500
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
From: John Todd <jtodd at loligo.com>
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Level(3) SIP termination services?

Anyone investigated the new service offerings from Level(3) in the
last few months?  They claim to be using ENUM and SIP - see
http://www.level3.net/2192.html for details.  Any idea of their
pricing model for mid-sized enterprise applications or call centers
for origination/termination?  More specifically, do they interoperate
with Asterisk?  Some providers insist on certain hardware that speaks
SIP flavor-of-the-month.  I could call them to find out, but I
suspect that this list will have far more clue than the Level(3)
sales weasel that I'd get on the phone and who would want to waste a
few days of my time asking stupid questions of me.

Replies off-list, if you feel it necessary.

JT