[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Zaptel Load on Startup

Sean Cheesman scheesman at gdsworks.com
Fri Dec 19 20:09:20 MST 2003

After searching the archives for a while, I couldn't find any easy way to
get everything loaded on startup.  So I decided to take a stab at writing
some notes on what I've found.  If everyone chips in, maybe we can make that
part easier for new users!

Both the Zaptel and Asterisk packages have a make option called config (make
config).  This option adds an entry to your init.d directory for the
applicable package, and registers it with the system.

If you edit the zaptel file that's created, you'll find a string called
MODULES that has most of the zaptel modules in it.  There's also a string
called RMODULES that appears to unload all modules loaded my MODULES.  If
you remove a module from one, you should probably remove it from the other.

Now who wants to correct, comment, or add to this?!

Sean