[Asterisk-Users] Sphinx

Kevin Bockman kbockml at techemail.com
Thu Dec 18 17:06:37 MST 2003

--- Karl Putland <karl at putland.linux-site.net> wrote:
>eagi-sphinx-test.c has hardcoded values for the sphinx server.  Change
>the values to suit your network and installation and try again.
>
>--Karl

Yup, sorry I forgot to mention that.  I have the correct IP and port in there.  It was giving me errors before that.  I'm just not sure what exactly is supposted to happen with the example.  I don't see anything that would resemble speech recognition there except for those return codes but I don't know what significance those numbers would have.

Using the sphinx testing applications, it says that you have to press return on the server before it starts the recognition.  I see that asterisk connects and it asks for you to press enter.  I don't get anything different if I press enter on the server.  This doesn't seem right anyways.  Is there some kind of other configuration that I need to have it just run in the background and automatically accept the connection and translate?

Just was hoping for someone that has dealt with it more and that maybe had a better Sphinx EAGI example that would ask for a word and it would tell you the text suggestions.

Thanks,

Kevin