[Asterisk-Users] 3-way calling bug

Derek Barber dbarber at calltrex.com
Thu Dec 18 14:56:35 MST 2003

Hi,

I discovered a problem in asterisk with the following scenerio:

1) I make an outbound call
2) Called person answers phone
3) I hit the "flashhook" to initiate a 3-way call
4) I hear dial tone and called person is on hold
5) I hang up my phone
6) called person hangs up their phone
7) my phone starts ringing
8) I answer and no one is there, I hang up
9) endless loop between step 7 & 8 happens

after this happens and this endless ringing loop begins asterisk cannot
be stopped from within the console but must be killed with kill -9.

Any help or insight into the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Derek