[Asterisk-Users] Different Dial tones for internal and external.

Alex Lopez alex at opsys.com
Thu Dec 18 12:31:40 MST 2003

On systems even key systems it is customary to have an 'internal' dial
tone.

Since Asterisk simply ignores the 9 and keeps the tone going it is hard
to tell for some 'new users' if they can make a call.

My first idea was to change the generated dial tone via source. Then if
the user presses 9 go to a different context where I would record about
30 seconds of the normal dial tone and then let them enter the numbers
to dial.  Something it this:

[internal]

exten => 123,1,macro-stdexten(blah,blah,blah)

exten => 124,1,macro-stdexten(blah,blah,blah)

exten => 125,1,macro-stdexten(blah,blah,blah)

exten => 9,1,Goto(trunkgroup,s,1)

[trunkgroup]

exten => s,1,DigitTimeout,5

exten => s,2,ResponseTimeout,10

exten => s,3,Playback(bell-dialtone)

exten => _X.,1,Dial(Zap/g2/${EXTEN})

It Works but there HAS to be a better way!!!

Maybe instead of ignorepat a changetonepat in the context.

 How do others do this or am I the first????