[Asterisk-Users] International calling forbidden?

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Thu Dec 18 10:06:59 MST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Graves" <gravesmj at earthlink.net>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 11:06 AM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] International calling forbidden?

> Please forgive me if the answer is obvious, but my new Asterisk server
> gives back a "forbidden" message when I try to call my UK office. It
> should go out simply via X100p and PTSN. Here's the relevant lines from
> extensions.conf.
>
> [outbound-analog-int'l]
> ; allowed to call interntional long distance numbers via PSTN
> ; dial 8 to signify overseas calling
> exten => _8011XXXXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(${PSTNOUTBOUND/${EXTEN},70)
> exten => _8011XXXXXXXXXXXX,2,Macro(fastbusy)
>
> The number I'm calling is 011 44 1223 721 000. What am I doing wrong?

Are you doing ignorepat somewhere?
If not, you'll need to chop off the 8 at the beginning.

Also, since I'm not sure...

Does * pick up the line and dial, then fail? Or does it fail before it picks
up the line?

Do you have X100 --> PSTN working for non-UK calls? If so, try your entry
into the other context and see if it fails there as well. (Maybe something
leading up to this particular choice is hosed?

-----
Andrew Thompson http://aktzero.com/
Your eyes are weary from staring at the CRT. You feel sleepy. Notice how
restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions
stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.