[Asterisk-Users] Re: transfer with threeway calling

Michiel Betel michiel at betel.nl
Thu Dec 18 05:29:44 MST 2003

Cees de Groot wrote:

>Matteo Brancaleoni  <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com> said:
>

>>because is different & new. Has new & powerful features, and old
>>functions has been abandoned for new ones.
>>

>Yeah, so much is clear. However, because flash doesn't work at a certain
>moment *and*, AFAIK, has no other functions at that time, I'm simply
>wondering what the design constraint here is. Because if there is no
>design constraint, the old-style behavior could simply be added (should,
>even, IMO) and everyone would be happy...

I agree with Cees, however, not wanting to throw away the 3 way
conference feature, but giving the user a config choice might be best.
Therefore I'm now testing a patch which will allow/disallow the 3 way
conference. When disallowed it will fallback to "normal old fashioned"
PBX behaviour namely FLASH puts caller on hold, FLASH again gets caller
back.

Michiel