[Asterisk-Users] CVS and Releases

Tony Kava asterisk at pottcounty.com
Wed Dec 17 15:36:45 MST 2003

> the default should not be to tell people to run CVS code,
> that should only be for people interested in hacking on
> the code and trying out bleeding-edge features.

I second this motion.  While I am not a developer I do notice that most
projects tend to take this approach.  The CVS is generally for those who
want to experiment with the 'bleeding edge', and regular releases of stable
tar-balls for the general population.  I've always been under the impression
that this sort of separation would take place when the project reached a
certain point.  Perhaps that point is nearing.

--
Tony Kava
Network Administrator