[Asterisk-Users] CVS and Releases

William Waites asterisk at lists.styx.org
Wed Dec 17 15:16:04 MST 2003

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 04:45:14PM -0500, C. Maj wrote:

> My nose is bleeding from CVS.  Same thing with a
> T400, had to comment out all "fax" extensions.  Updated
> to CVS of 12/16.

We really need to get this organized.

0.5.0 is too old to be useful, and having people run
CVS snapshots in production causes no end of nosebleeds
and headaches.

the default should not be to tell people to run CVS code,
that should only be for people interested in hacking on
the code and trying out bleeding-edge features.

I think we need more stable releases more often.

Perhaps CVS commit access for some people should be
discussed as well -- my impression is that the workload
on Mark is rather high. And with stable releases for
people to use, introducing bugs in the experimental stuff
in CVS is not as critical.

Mark?

Cheers,
-w