[Asterisk-Users] Readline & readline-devel installation on RH9

Ariel Batista abatista at avionica.com
Wed Dec 17 11:19:09 MST 2003

I have a new user question.  Sorry I know most of you are Linux experts
I am not! I am just getting my feet wet with this.  And I am sorry to
ask this stupid question.

I was following an installation post from Wiki that said when using RH 9
you need to make sure that you have the following installed first and
you should check them with the following command.  Are there any other
items I need to check on.  I have been having problems setting up
asterisk so I want to rule out the OS first.

# rpm -q kernel-source redline redline-devel openssl opessl-devel

I have done this but my system reports that redline and readline-devel
not installed.  How do I install these items without re-installing RH 9
all over again?  Also why are these needed?