[Asterisk-Users] AT&T access code entry by Asterisk

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Dec 16 23:57:38 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 23:51, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 December 2003 23:04, Walker Haddock wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 07:04:47PM -0600, Brian West wrote:
> > > Its an upppercase W
>
> Actually, it's both.  The 'w' is case-insensitive.
>
> > OK, still no joy!  Here's the way I tried it:
> >
> > exten => _91NXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(ZAP/g1/${EXTEN}WWW5555555,70)
>
> You may want to time yourself as to how long the system waits before
> prompting for the code.  Each 'w' waits exactly 0.5 seconds.  So if you
> need to wait 5 seconds before inputting the code, then you'll need 10
> 'w's.

One more question here is to ask what type of interfaces are being used.
I had problems to the point of giving up using our T1 and PRI for
dialing an extension on the other side of certain calls. My intent was
to make a certain prefix dial extensions at one of our customer sites so
we could effectively have direct dial extension for them. Our problem
was that on a digital link, it seemed that the dial information was sent
to the telco, and not in DTMF after the call was established.