[Asterisk-Users] more questions

Isianto Istiadi isianto.istiadi at adirarental.com
Tue Dec 16 18:47:15 MST 2003

Dear all,
first of all, I want to say thanks to Tilghman, I don't mean to disrespect/
doubt your answer, I just want to understand the logic more. (I'm sorry)
I tried to run my music on hold configuration but to no avail.
Here's my musiconhold.conf:

[classes]
default => quietmp3:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3
loud => mp3:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3
random => quietmp3:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3,-z

and here's my related zapata.conf:

musiconhold=default

I'm using slackware 9.1, and did uninstall mpg321 from slackware and install
the mpg123, I checked that mpg123 is in /usr/bin, but when I put the call on
hold, nothing happend. I look at the * log, and it says that mpg123 is died.
The questions:
1. Do musiconhold required me to have a soundcard in * ( I don't have a sound
card in my * box)
2. If it doesn't need one, what did I do wrong?
3. I want to ask you guys, is it normal, when I press *8# to pick up call, the
* says transfering, and then followed by invalid extension, but it does let
me pick up the call afterward. And in * console, it says that it's playing
transfering voice, and then something about extension ' '. If it's not normal
how do I fix that?

Thanks again