[Asterisk-Users] asterisk - scalable ?

David Gomillion dgomillion at eyecarenow.com
Tue Dec 16 14:58:55 MST 2003

Dawid Mielnik <> wrote:

> How scalable is asterisk ?

This has been hashed a number of times.  Check out
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=+site:lists.d
igium.com+asterisk+scale

There are literally hundreds of hits, and people have approached the
topic from a number of ways.  One of them are sure to be the angle
you're looking for!

> Asterisk offers conferencing (meetme). The conference rooms as such
> dont have any user verification, setting up passwords etc. Has anyone
> implemented anything like that ?

Asterisk has an authenticate method, which you could use just before you
put the person into the meetme room (in extensions.conf).  I'm sure
there are better ways, but just rest assured, yes, there is a way to
password protect a conference room.

> regards,
>
> Dave

Hope this helps,