[Asterisk-Users] codec negotiation

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Tue Dec 16 13:05:47 MST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eduardo Goncalves" <eduardo at acenet.com.br>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 1:08 PM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] codec negotiation

> Hi list,
>
> I'm with a little problem on codec negotiation between a cisco827 and
> asterisk.
>
> My sip.conf is like that:
>
> [general]
> port = 5060
> bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
> context = default
> amaflags = default
> allow=g729
> allow=gsm
> allow=alaw
> allow=ulaw
> ;disallow=all
>
> and cisco like that:
>
> dial-peer voice 6 voip
>  destination-pattern 0T
>  session protocol sipv2
>  session target ipv4:<asterisk-ip>
>  dtmf-relay rtp-nte
>  codec g711alaw
>  no vad
> !
>
> When I try to make a call, cisco shows codec g711alaw, but asterisk
> shows codec g729A (i have the licenses) and there is no audio. When I
> try disallow=g729, the same occurs, but this time asterisk shows codec
> gsm.
>
> The only way to make a call is allowing only alaw. But this is not
> convenience, since i need to use g279 with another endpoint (working
> ok).

You could try setting the codec before dialing that particular provider.
Except I don't see the command now that I'm trying to find it...

> Why this negotiation problem happens?

Can't help on that one...

> Thanks
> Eduardo

-----
Andrew Thompson http://aktzero.com/
Your eyes are weary from staring at the CRT. You feel sleepy. Notice how
restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions
stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.