[Asterisk-Users] Voice & Data Systems Engineer Career Opportunity

Bob Murtagh rmurtagh at vib.tv
Tue Dec 16 09:45:03 MST 2003

Greetings,

All,

Video Internet Broadcasting Corporation, a triple play services provider (
www.vib.tv <http://www.vib.tv/> ) , is looking to fill an open position for
a Voice and Data Systems Engineer.  I have attached a summary of the
qualifications as well as a job description.  Ideally the position will be
based in Seattle, WA and will entail 60+% travel.  Compensation is based on
experience.  Please send any inquiries and or resumes to me at
rmurtagh at vib.tv <mailto:rmurtagh at vib.tv> .

Voice & Data Systems Engineer (SE)

Candidate Qualifications:

*	5+ years experience providing engineering support for Telecom systems, IP
telephony systems, IP networks
*	Must have customer-facing experience with an ability for both technical
and business problem solving
*	Specific experience designing, installing, and supporting Class 5
Switches, IP Softswitches, and IP data networks with a preference for
carrier access network experience
*	Engineering degree in Telecommunications/Electronics – BS in Eng. a plus
*	This position requires excellent interpersonal and communications skills
*	Organize and track documentation
*	Available to travel and work after business hours, anticipate 60% travel

Job Description Systems Engineer (SE):

This position will work closely with Sales, Marketing, and the General
Managers of our Service Provider Field Operations.  The role will be to
provide technical engineering, design, implementation, and technical support
in all manners of field operations.

Specifically the Systems Engineer will be driving the technical aspects of
our emerging Voice Services and providing engineering supporting our ongoing
IP data services.  Aspects of our Voice Services include creating solutions
for our Municipal, Military and IOC clients for Voice over IP services in
their given network environment.  It will be expected that the SE rigorously
and proactively develop their own required knowledge base in order to
provide technical leadership through the sales and implementation process of
our voice offerings.

The successful Systems Engineer in fulfilling this role will aid in the
creation of increased revenue, increased customer satisfaction, and critical
feedback to our central Marketing and Software Engineering teams.

Bob Murtagh
VP Sales
VIB Corporation
p 925-485-0880