[Asterisk-Users] iaxclients missing calls

Patrick Cantwell pat at insomnia.org
Tue Dec 16 07:21:10 MST 2003

Just a thought:  Out of everyone having problems, how many are connecting
through NAT to their asterisk server? (client -> nat -> ... -> asterisk).

NAT firewalls time ports out after a certain amount of inactivity.  I was
having the same problem with my SIP analog adapter.  I could fire it up and
receive calls, but after a little while, it could no longer receive calls
(yet asterisk would show them coming in).  If I made a call out from the
analog phone, I could again receive calls for a short while.  Then it
occurred to me that I probably didn't change my firewall rules after
renumbering my asterisk box and it was a NAT issue.

If anybody having this problem is running behind some sort of NAT device,
try making your registration time rediculously low, such as 60s and see if
it has an effect. (or try changing your rules, if possible)

Just my .02 =)

-Pat