[Asterisk-Users] Beginners Question

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Dec 15 17:08:03 MST 2003

> [2203]
> type=friend
> username=2203
> secret=2203
> host=dynamic
> defaultip=192.168.0.2
> dtmfmode=inband
> canreinvite=yes

Add here:

disallow=all
allow=gsm
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

dtmfmode=inband only works with ulaw (g.711), so better use a different
setting here.

> the console on * when running with -vvvvc says :- (whenb trying to dial
> extension 500 (the demo) from my xten sipphone)

In X-Lite make sure that "Transmit silence" is set to YES.
Advanced Settings --> Audio settings --> Silence

> and nothing but static on my xten-lite sipphone.

If you like you can add a noload => chan_zap.so to your modules.conf.

I am not sure if playing with /usr/src/zaptel/Makeful would work to
comment out all Tormenta related parts, but you can try and report back
here...

> additionally I get the following on syslog
>
> Dec 15 21:25:59 mrpenguin kernel: Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on
> major
>  196
> Dec 15 21:25:59 mrpenguin kernel: No ISA tormenta card found at d0000
> Dec 15 21:25:59 mrpenguin kernel: Zapata Telephony Interface Unloaded
> Dec 15 21:25:59 mrpenguin insmod:
> /lib/modules/2.4.22-1-686-smp/misc/torisa.o: init_module: Input/output error
> Dec 15 21:25:59 mrpenguin insmod: Hint: insmod errors can be caused by
> incorrect
>  module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.       You may
> find m ore information in syslog or the output from dmesg
> Dec 15 21:25:59 mrpenguin insmod:
> /lib/modules/2.4.22-1-686-smp/misc/torisa.o: i
> nsmod char-major-196 failed
> Dec 15 21:25:59 mrpenguin kernel: Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on
> major  196

> Does this mean I actually need a soundcard in the * box.

No, Asterisk doesn't need that (although the asterisk.org site makes it
appear so).

Cheers, Philipp