[Asterisk-Users] transfer with threeway calling

Don Pobanz dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com
Mon Dec 15 16:39:33 MST 2003

On Monday, December 15, 2003 9:51 AM, Steven Critchfield
[SMTP:critch at basesys.com] wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 07:18, Michiel Betel wrote:
<snip>
> > What if the internal party is busy and answers with voicemail
> > how then do I get my original call back to me? Pressing flash will
> > conf in the voicemail prompts of the internal party. Hanging up
> > will
> > transfer the party to the voicemail...

<snip>

> Your not missing anything essential, and have described a limitation
> in
> analog signaling. What you need to think about is alternatives.
<snip>

Another angle would be to have voicemail initiate the disconnect. That
was one of the features of my previous employer's octel voicemail
system. By entering  * * * voicemail would hang-up and you could
continue without the voicemail. To my knowledge, asterisk voicemail
does not yet support a 'backout' feature.

Don Pobanz