[Asterisk-Users] Slightly OT and mildly insane: Modems through VoIP :-))

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Mon Dec 15 15:13:46 MST 2003

Hi,

First off, let me state that _YES, I am fully aware that what I am doing is
insane, prone to major havoc and bad for general health_ :-))

Scenario: My GF needs an analog modem to use with her banking software
(sodding backs don't supply a decent web-application for company use). I am
experimenting to see if we can get it to work (albeit slow) trough our ATA186
talking g711 to Asterisk with chan_capi to the outside world. Should we fail,
there are more sane alternatives, but humour me :-))

Now, with some modems on the other end I have received nice 26400bps
handshakes, but it takes a long time and the successrate is about 25% :-) My
feeling is this should be better if we choose to slow it down more.

But who can tell me what the best modem settings would be to try ? My HAYES
dialect is rather old :-))

Any experiences or hints are appreciated.

--
Best regards,
Florian Overkamp