[Asterisk-Users] Nagios/measurement with Asterisk - any plugins?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Mon Dec 15 14:24:34 MST 2003

   I have spent some time digging through the archives for comments
concerning Asterisk and monitoring systems, and I have found few
results.

check_asterisk.pl.gz (http://www.dynx.net/ASTERISK/misc-progs/) which
gives an error on download, and has no further Google references

astping.tar (http://www.dynx.net/ASTERISK/misc-progs/ and also in the
mailing list archives) supposedly sends a query to an Asterisk
server, but I have been unable to get it to do anything other than
reply with the IP address of the queried host (regardless of Asterisk
status)

   If anyone has any home-brew Nagios (or other) tools that they might
want to submit, we'll all applaud you and throw virtual flowers at
you.

   Additionally, the topic of measurement has come up again.  I would
rather use someone else's generously donated code than write my own
and donate it, since the latter method is somewhat slower.  :-)  I'm
looking for perhaps a post-processing script that groks Asterisk CDRs
and/or mysql/ODBC tables.  Upon launch (with the correct timeframes)
the script would churn through the last N records until it was in the
right time range.  Then, it would create some short status reports on
a variety of topics, ranging from number of calls,  number of
minutes, outbound calls (per some "group" function), inbound calls
(per some "group" function), errors, protocols, etc. etc.  This would
be fed into RRDTool or something of the sort.

   Anyone? (yes, yes, I should do it myself, but why do something that
someone has already done?)

JT