[Asterisk-Users] E400 or TE410 (digium) vs PRI 30M (Eicon)

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Dec 15 09:38:15 MST 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 09:58, Daniel ANDRE wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to have some comparison between E1 cards from Digium and
> those from Eicon for a VOIP - ISDN Gateway.
>
> How does they compare on the echo cancel point of view?
> Is the echocancellation code for E400 good enough for production
> environment?

The code for the Digium E1 is the same as used on any other Digium
interfaces. It is in software and shared across all Zaptel hardware.
There shouldn't be an echo at the E1 interface. The echo will be on
either an analog end or in speaker bleed over to mic.

Something you will also need to consider, what software will you be
using? Digium cards work with asterisk, and I doubt that the Eicon E1
cards do yet unless they use the capi driver.