[Asterisk-Users] FAX, IAX and *....Maybe I'm dreaming...:-)

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Mon Dec 15 03:59:15 MST 2003

Hi,

I totally agree with this... G.711 for inter Asterisk connections over WAN
is totally inefficient (even if it can work sometimes).
For LAN is acceptable and the standard FAX machine works great on ATA186,
but far better on TDM400.
X100 seems to deal better now with fax data too.
Just sending the picture in some compressed format (JPG, GIF, etc.) between
servers (one for each Fax page) and then converting back for a standard Fax
device is the best option.

Best regards,
Dan