[Asterisk-Users] unable to configure my Grandstream phone

Balaji NJL bajjeen at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 14 14:47:36 MST 2003

Hi All,

i received my X100P and Grandstream phone last week. i started configuring my * and with the help of ur mailing lists i was able to configure it. (when ever i got struck i searched this list and found my answer. thanks a lot and this list is awesome). i still hv a small problem and hope someone could help me out.

This is my setup.

RH 7.2 serving as my * server. i hv got couple of my laptops and desktops running MSN 4.7. I hv installed and configured X100P and Grandstream phone

the following configurations are working

MSN Msgr -> * -> MSN Msgr
MSN Msgr -> * -> X100P - PSTN
PSTN -> * -> MSN Msgr
PSTN -> * -> Grandstream (pl note)

the following are *not* working

MSN Msgr -> * -> Grandstream
Grandstream -> * -> MSN Msgr
GrandStream -> * -> PSTN
PSTN -> * -> Grandstream

the error i am getting in this case is

- Attempting native bridge of SIP/2003-b895 and SIP/2000-53e2
WARNING[5126]: File chan_sip.c, Line 1954 (process_sdp): No compatible codecs!
    -- Got SIP response 481 "Call Leg/Transaction Does Not Exist" back from 192.168.0.58

and then the call drops. When i am making a call using Grandstream ph, it rings the other side when they pick up the phone the call then drops. then i get the above error message.

the follwoing us sip and Grandstream conf

[general]
port = 5060
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
context = bogon-calls
;context = default
disallow=all
allow=gsm

[2000]
; Grandstream phone

type=friend
username=2000
secret=qweqwe
host=dynamic
context=from-sip
mailbox=2000
dtmfmode=inband

[2002]

type=friend
host=dynamic
insecure=yes
dtmfmode=inband
;dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=from-sip
mailbox=2002
;auth=plaintext

[2003]

type=friend
host=dynamic
insecure=yes
dtmfmode=inband
context=from-sip
mailbox=2003

;[2000]

;type=friend
;username=2000
;secret=qweqwe
;auth=md5
;host=dynamic
;context=from-sip
;dtmfmode=inband
;mailbox=2000

[2001]

type=friend
username=2001
secret=asdasd
auth=md5
host=dynamic
context=from-sip
dtmfmode=inband
mailbox=2001

Grandstream configuration details
>SIP Server:  192.168.0.4  (my * box)
>SIP Userid:  2000 (userid is same as extension
>Authenticate ID: 2000
>Authenticate password:  qweqwe
>Send DTMF:  Via SIP info   (in order for the dtmf to be recognized by
>voicemail)

        Program--1.0.4.17    Bootloader--1.0.0.11          HTML--1.0.0.19

any idea why my Grandstream drops the calls.

thanks a lot and appreciate ur help.

-B