[Asterisk-Users] Exit the Directory Application?

Ulexus ulexus at mail.lifelabs.net
Fri Dec 12 21:04:24 MST 2003

The directory is generated from the voicemail.conf, so I imagine you would
also have to an entry for extension '#' to voicemail.conf as well.

This seems like a really cheap (if effective and expedient) way of doing it.
Just a note (and I really should add this to bugs.digium.com, I suppose),
both the Directory and the Voicemail2 apps have very myopic view of the rest
of the dial-plan or even their current context.  Namely, the lack of an
escape condition for the Directory and lack of most any dial-out conditions
(i.e., '0' or another extension number) in Voicemail2.

In a production environment, it is far better to take them as a
proof-of-concept/development base and customize them to your overall setup
than to use them out of the box.

Luckily, this isn't too hard, since most of the important treeing is already
handled with case statements.  Just add the appropriate line...