[Asterisk-Users] RH9 and h323.conf

SW sathyaw at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 12 20:42:08 MST 2003

Tjapko,

I am kinda new here, too. Let me try to help you out here.

First, most people would not give a second look at your posting because
there are tons of past reference in the list advising people not to use
openh323  1.12.0, pwlib 1.5.0. If you do that you are on your own. That's
what README says.

Also there were many postings advising not to use redhat9. So best bet is to
follow exactly what is said in the Readme file.

Having said that, I did install chan_h323 on a redhat 9, openh323 1.12.0 and
pwlib 1.5.0. And it worked :). What I am doing is allowing my SIP clients to
dial out through h.323. So I do not know other stuff would work or not (like
gatekeeper registration, incoming towards * etc.).

Dial string that you are supposed to use in extensions.conf to call out to a
g/w is as follows

exten => 91xxxxxxxxx,1,Dial(h323/${Exten:1}@gwipadddress)

This did not work for me, so I tried

exten => 91xxxxxxxxx,1,Dial(h323/h323:${Exten:1}@gwipaddress) and it worked.

I do not know what the best cause of action for you, I am just sharing my
experience.

Hope this will help you.

Cheers

SW