[Asterisk-Users] Simultaneous incoming calls

Markus Mayer markus at calltrex.com
Fri Dec 12 13:25:30 MST 2003

Hi,

This is our test setup: 4 phones, 2 logged into the one queue, the other
2 phones are used to dial into the queue.

If there are 2 calls coming into the queue at the same time, we would
like to have the 2 queue phones ringing at the same time (one for each
call). But as it is, the 2nd phone only starts ringing after the first
one was picked up.

Scenario:

One of the non-queue phones dials the queue number, one of the queue
phones rings. Now (while this phone is still ringing) the second
non-queue phone dials the queue also, but nothing happens. The person
on this phone gets a ring-tone, but still only the first queue-phone
actually rings (because of the first call), the second queue-phone is
silent (it should be ringing, though, because of the 2nd call). So
there's 2 people phoning the queue (both hearing ring tones), 2 phones
in the queue ready to answer incoming calls, but only the first
phone is ringing.

If, however, the first queue-phone is picked up, then finally the second
queue-phone starts ringing. Why aren't those two queue phones ringing
simultaneously if there's more than one incoming call?

Is there a way to change the Asterisk/queue configuration so
simultaneous calls cause simultaneous rings (note: that's not the same
as 'ringall').

Thanks,
Markus