[Asterisk-Users] chan_capi 0.3 and capiinit questions

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Dec 12 09:41:22 MST 2003

Hi there,

two questions concerning ISDN BRI, Fritz! passive and chan_capi:

1. I noticed that I run into trouble if I do a "capiinit stop" and
"start" while Asterisk is running. Is that normal, or do I need to twist
my configuration somehow?
Background: ISDN callers normally get a voice menu, however my box would
accept the call, show on the CLI that it was playing the voice menu, but
the caller would hear nothing. Restarting * did not help, instead a stop
now plus capiinit restart solved this.

2. If I want to use one of the two B-channels as Internet dial-up backup
in case the cable link is down, will I have to notify * that I took away
one of the two channels? I noticed that "capi info" in the CLI will show
"2 channels free" even if another application outside * uses on of the
two channels...

Cheers, Philipp