[Asterisk-Users] simple question on sip.conf

SW sathyaw at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 12 00:05:55 MST 2003

Hi folks,

I want to fix hole in my asterisk set up.

I use Vocal as my sip proxy and * for voice mail and the g/w to PSTN,
Iconnect, fwd etc. So from Vocal I redirect sip requests which needs to go
'other' places. This senario works fine.

Now the issue is someone else running a vocal or another SIP proxy can
redirect his calls to my * as well. Those calls two will come through
general section of the sip.conf and could land on the PSTN as well. (do not
ask my *'s IP address folks, I am not going to run a free PSTN g/w :)

So, how do I prevent other than my own proxy to use the general section of
the sip.conf file ? As a mater of fact all calls from fwd and iconnect two
land on the general section.

Hope some one can shead some light.

Cheers

SW

Here is my sip.conf

[general]
;calls arrive from sip lands here
port=5060
context=default-in
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=g729
maxexpirey=180
defaultexpirey=160
;Connect to Free World Dialup (no NAT)
register=61358:xxxxxxx at fwd.pulver.com/61358
;Connect to iconnect
register=15108688610:xxxx at sipauth.deltathree.com/15108688610
canreinvite=no

[iconnect]
;incoming does not land here, why ? outgoing is fine
type=friend
secret=xxxx
username=yyyyyyyy
host=sipauth.deltathree.com
dtmfmode=inband ; required by iconnect
context=iconnect-in
canreinvite=no
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
allow=g729

[fwd]
;incoming does not land here, why ?  outgoing is fine
type=friend
secret=xxxxxxx
username=61358
host=fwd.pulver.com