[Asterisk-Users] Issues getting a service contract from cisco.

Walker Haddock whaddock at datacrest.com
Thu Dec 11 18:45:56 MST 2003

On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 11:47:31AM -0500, Lists wrote:
> I just got a "new in box" phone from ebay, i called cisco this morning to
> get a service contract on it, they told me I would have to ship it to
> them, for them to "recertifiy it".
>
> Does anyone have any idea how to go and get a service contract from cisco,
> so that I can download the firmware?

You can order the SMARTNET CAT 1(ESD) CON-SNT-PKG1 1 YR NBD 8X5.  About $8 US per year.  You can get it from a Cisco Authorized reseller.  You may contact me off list if you need such.  It takes about 3 working days to get the contract delivered.  It is sent via email.  You will need the serial number of the phone and the name, address and phone number of the end user.  You will have to log onto their web site and create an account from which you can download the software.

This also gives you access to email support which is quite good.  I have received responses within 24 hours and they have answered all of the questions I have sent them so far.

Walker

********   DataCrest, Inc. -- Technically Superior   ******************
Walker Haddock                       http://www.datacrest.com
DataCrest, Inc.                    e-mail:  wh at datacrest.com
1634A Montgomery Hwy.    phone:  1-888-941-3282, 1-205-335-8589
Birmingham, AL 35216                  fax:  1-205-823-7838