[Asterisk-Users] Queue only ringing one agent at a time

Brancaleoni Matteo mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Thu Dec 11 15:36:09 MST 2003

so, from queues.conf.sample

A strategy may be specified.  Valid strategies include:

ringall - ring all available channels until one answers (default)
roundrobin - take turns ringing each available interface
leastrecent - ring interface which was least recently called by this
queue
fewestcalls - ring the one with fewest completed calls from this queue
random - ring random interface

matteo

Il gio, 2003-12-11 alle 23:34, Derek Barber ha scritto:
> That does get both phones ringing, however that is not the solution
> problem we are having.  We need the queue to work in leastrecent mode.
> If there is only one call in the queue only one agent's phone should
> ring.  However, if there is two calls in the queue then two agent's
> phones should ring.  Three calls, three phones, etc.  The problem we are
> having is that if there is two calls in the queue, instead of ringing
> two agent phones, it only rings one agent's phone.  And thus callers are
> sitting in the queue when they don't have to be, because there is an
> available agent to take their call, but that agent's phone doesn't ring.
>
> does that explain things better?
>
> derek
>
> On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 14:14, Brancaleoni Matteo wrote:
> > strategy=ringall
> > in queues.conf
> >
> > matteo
> >
> > Il gio, 2003-12-11 alle 23:18, Derek Barber ha scritto:
> > > Hello!
> > >
> > > We are having an interesting problem with the queue.  What is happening
> > > is that no matter how many agents are logged into the queue, only one
> > > phone will ring at one time.  So, for example, if we have two agents in
> > > the queue and two incoming calls.  The first incoming call will ring on
> > > one of the agent phones, but the second agent's phone will not ring
> > > until the first agent picks up the phone.  Both incoming calls are in
> > > the queue, I have tested and confirmed that, and both agents are in the
> > > queue and available.  However, only one phone is able to ring at one
> > > time.
> > >
> > > Has anyone seen this problem or know of any solutions?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Derek

Brancaleoni Matteo <mbrancaleoni at espia.it>
Espia - Emmegi Srl