[Asterisk-Users] SIP response 403 "That is ugly"

jerk face jerkface2098 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 12:34:50 MST 2003

I am trying to make an outgoing call using an iptel
account using Asterisk.  I have followed a how-to for
asterisk and iptel found at
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20sip%20client%20SER

I am getting the following error message:
Got SIP response 403 "That is ugly -- use From=id next
time (OB)" back from 195.37.77.101

I'm not quite sure what that means.  Does anybody know
what I might have done wrong?

Here is my configuration:
sip.conf
register => account:passwd at iptel.org/

[iptel]
type=friend
username=account
secret=passwd
host=iptel.org

extensions.conf
exten=>_3.,1,SetCallerID(myNumber)
exten=>_3.,2,SetCIDName("myName")
exten=>_3.,3,Dial,SIP/${EXTEN:1}@iptel
exten=>_3.,4,Playback(pbx-invalid)
exten=>_3.,5,Hangup

Some guy from the iptel mailing list told me:
>>It means you use different user names
>>in From and the authentication header.

I don't know what he's talking about so if anybody
could point me in the right direction, that would be
appreciated.

Thank you for your time.