[Asterisk-Users] Re: * with RADIUS

Doug Shubert doug at accessgate.net
Thu Dec 11 11:09:52 MST 2003

we use a TPTP server for boot configs
our XML server can provision the account profile for each users config file

RADIUS is a lightweight AAA server that offers basic protocol security and fast

username/password authentication.

A better solution would be a direct port connection to the SQL server from *.
The only limitation I see is the lack of security between * and SQL servers
using a port connection.
If * and SQL are on the same server then this would minimize security concerns.

> You would expect SIP/H323/IAX/zap-destinations to be created(or activated)
> from RADIUS as well, right?

yes.. mainly SIP UA's like 7960/7940 IP phones and ATA 186/188 just to list a
few.
H.323 Gatekeeper/gateways could take advantage of the RADIUS AAA.