[Asterisk-Users] Re: * with RADIUS

daryl at introspect.net daryl at introspect.net
Thu Dec 11 09:27:01 MST 2003

[...]
> Explain why you think you really need RADIUS Accounting?
> Why not talk
> right to the database itself and save yourself that unneeded
> complication and points of failure.

I know this has come up before, and in a perfect world, where * was the
primary app, you don't need RADIUS.  In enterprise environments where
RADIUS accounting is already embedded into other aspects of the
workflow, it would be beneficial.

Understand....* boxes are in real live actual production now.  Once you
leave the vacuum of the lab, there are going to be things like this that
come up.  And many will be for good reasons.  Others will be for crappy,
legacy reasons.  Both scenarios are valid in the real world.

Daryl G. Jurbala
BMPC Network Operations
Tel: +1 215 825 8401 x235
Fax: +1 508 526 8500