[Asterisk-Users] next stable release?

Thu Dec 11 05:11:59 MST 2003

asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com <> wrote:
>> I've been running 0.5.0, which is dated sometime in September of this
>> year and I've noticed a couple of new features in more recent code
that
>> I'd like to use, but am hesitant to go w/ CVS code.  My system is not
>> exactly a production system, it's mostly test, but I'm still leery of
>> the fresh code.
>
> I'd like to resolve all "MAJOR" and "CRASH" and "BLOCK"
> issues from the
> bug tracker for the next release and then do a feature freeze with the
> goal of having a 1.0 release as soon as possible.
>
> We have CVS now on track for making releases, thanks to Thorston.

Do we have the dual track CVS repository yet? Ie, how does one request
the 'stable' branch or the 'dev' branch? I haven't seen any announcement
on this, so just assumed that it didn't yet exist.

Many people have said it, but to have a bug fix only branch plus the
usual dev branch would be very helpful to anyone using asterisk in a
live/production system. You can never really 'test' it in a test
environment :(

PS, still waiting to hear on the TE405 availability and also when the
'paperwork' is arriving on the E400 cards...

Regards,
Adam

 --
Adam Goryachev