[Asterisk-Users] * CVS checkout does not work on one box - solved now

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Thu Dec 11 02:53:24 MST 2003

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Leif Madsen" <leif at hacklocalhost.com>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2003 11:07 AM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] * CVS checkout does not work on one box

> On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 03:23, Dan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a strange problem trying to update Asterik on one of my boxes.
> >
> > I have done the following:
> > - delete all the old source files
> > - download the new file using:
> >     cvs checkout zaptel zapata libpri asterisk
> > - compiling the new source file using:
> >     make clean ; make install
> >
> > Everything is compiled fine, except.... when I stop and  start Asterisk
> > server, it is still the old CVS version:
>
> If you weren't deleting the old source files, I'd say delete the
> /usr/src/asterisk/.version file and then recompile.

Oops.. this is still the old one...
I have deleted the files using the following commands from the src
directory:
rm -r -f ./zaptel/*
rm -r -f ./zapata/*
rm -r -f ./libpri/*
rm -r -f ./asterisk/*

but the .version file is still the old one.

Deleting the directories too, before checkout, solved my problem.

It seems to be related with the date of the source directories, even if they
are empty ?!?!?

Thanks a lot for the hint,
Dan