[Asterisk-Users] IAX and PDAs

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Wed Dec 10 17:50:15 MST 2003

On Dec 10, 2003, at 1:52 PM, Leif Madsen wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 10:47, Steve Underwood wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Does anyone know of any work in progress on IAX based telephony for
>> PDAs? Putting iaxcomm on a Zaurus or iPAQ, for example.
>
> If someone where doing this, I would be the most ecstatic, happy person
> in the entire whole big wide world.
>
> Seriously... someone PLEASE make an IAX client for my Zaurus :) (I
> would
> if I had programming knowledge... doh!)

Try compiling "testcall" (included in libiaxclient) for your zaurus.
It might work.

On the other hand, there's probably some floating point in there that
may make it unacceptably slow -- you might need to disable some of the
DSP features for it to perform.

The zaurus supports the OSS sound device API, right?

Then, you may soon be able to compile iaxcomm for your zaurus,
depending on the stability of the embedded wx ports.

Or, someone can make a native qt interface or whatever the zaurus uses..

-SteveK