[Asterisk-Users] unknown RTP codec 19

SW sathyaw at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 10 10:08:43 MST 2003

Hi Folks,

I had success with making SIP to H323 g/w calls using chan_h323 and G.729.
Calls go through well though it takes incredibly long time to get connected
which I thing due to fast start being disabled at the remote end, will ask
remote side to fix it.

There is a Notice message which appears on my * console which bothers me.
While in a conversation, I get the following;

File rtp.c line 418 (ast_rtp_read): Unknown rtp codec 19 received.

I read in the mail archive that rtp codec 19 is comfort noise.

Should I ignore this notice ?

Or is there a better way to tell * asterisk to handle comfort Noise ?

Cheers

SW