[Asterisk-Users] Re: was FXO cards

Stephen R. Besch sbesch at acsu.buffalo.edu
Wed Dec 10 08:13:51 MST 2003

> I am just afraid of the channel
> bank.  I just don't know anything about them.  If I buy the wrong crap,
> it gets really expensive fast, plus adds another layer of complexity.

Michael,

Don't be afraid of the channel bank.  I got one (Adtran) on e-bay for
$99.00 and was a complete neophyte at the time.  I was pleasantly
surprised at how easy it was to set up, providing that you read the
documentation carefully, and there are lots of surplus cards (FXO and
FXS) floating around in the $100 - $200 price range.  The 600 and the
750 are both completely compatible with asterisk. For the 600, just make
sure that you get the "L2" series FXO cards if you want caller ID.  I
don't know about the 750.

Stephen R. Besch