[Asterisk-Users] SIP "PUBLISH" and "SUBSCRIBE" extensions?

Ulexus ulexus at lifelabs.net
Wed Dec 10 08:54:12 MST 2003

I haven't actually seen a 100 or 105, but my understanding is that they do not
have the soft keys with LEDs like the SNOM 200 and the really nice SNOM 220
that is supposed to be out next year with 30 something soft keys.

Apparently, from what I've read, the Cisco extension monitoring LEDs don't
work with SIP and the skinny drivers don't yet support it for asterisk.

Surely, someone has had need of this feature for the attendant or secretary or
something...  I just can't find anything about it.

ADSI phones were deliberately crippled to be without this feature (actually,
the specification was) so as not to compete with commercial PBX/phone
offerings.

Finally, this PUBLISH method's pre-RFC  draft was just released less than two
months ago.