[Asterisk-Users] chan_iax2.c Warnings

Alastair Maw asterisk at almaw.com
Wed Dec 10 03:22:11 MST 2003

On 10/12/03 05:05, Isamar Maia wrote:

> I'm setting up my Iaxtel connection now and I'm getting
> some annoying warnings
>
> What means:
>
> WARNING[7176]: File chan_iax2.c, Line 436 (iax_error_output): Ignoring
> unknown information element 'Unknown IE' (31) of length 4
> ?
>
> And how can I fix it?

Don't worry too much about it. IAX2 has various information elements
with which to set up a call. These include caller ID, destination
context/extension, etc.

Element 31 is defined as DATETIME. This is sent to tell the remote
Asterisk server what time you think it is. This can be useful for
working out timezone differences, etc.

If you want to remove the message, upgrade your Asterisk to a more
recent version (the DATETIME element was added a couple of months ago,
IIRC).

Regards,

Alastair

Alastair Maw