[Asterisk-Users] Re: Telemarketer Torture

Cees de Groot cg at tric.nl
Wed Dec 10 02:39:54 MST 2003

Chris Albertson  <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com> said:
>My brother has the BEST solution for sales people.  He makes
>an appointment with them to come out and gives an address across the
>street.  It really wastes a real estate salesman or house painter's
>time to drive out to a dead end.  Keeps em off the phone too.

I once got Reader's Digest direct mail department off my back by sending
them a formal offer to check their mail service - every received mail
piece would be reported by me (including a 'quality report' - folded,
cracked, ...) and I would invoice only some 50 dollars per mail piece
for that. Sending mail would constitute acceptance of the offer - never
got a single piece of mail from them again (a pity, I could've been
rich ;-)).

Wonder whether one could build up a similar construction (the paper one
was legally quite watertight, of course) for telemarketeers...

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.tric.nl     <cg at tric.nl>
tric, the new way           helpdesk/ticketing software, VoIP/CTI,