[Asterisk-Users] Multiple Asterisk servers sharing/propagating registry ?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Dec 9 18:26:17 MST 2003

> Sounds like a failover should be used.
> Dial(Sip/inoffice)
> Dial(IAX2/home_machine)
> Dial(Zap/g2/${cellnumber})

I was going to pooh-pooh the idea since I don't like the idea of the user
having to wait for each dial to time out, but it never occurred to me to
have IAX registration and that * would fail over immediately when it
couldn't contact the non-registered device.

How does one set the registration timeouts with IAX2?  I know how to do it
with SIP.

Regards,
Andrew