[Asterisk-Users] VoicePulse for outbound dialing

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Dec 9 18:22:09 MST 2003

> Do you know if I can have my calls show up as any caller ID string that
> I want?

Generally no; you can set outgoing CID # and the telco will match it up to
whatever name is registered in their CID database.

> What about the G.729 codec?  From what I've heard it allows you to stuff
> an analog call into 8 Kbps.  This would give you a theoretical maximum
> of 80 simultaneous connections on a 640 Kbps DSL line.  I would expect
> this to be much lower in practice, say 20 simultaneous streams, but
> still, that's not bad.

others have commented already on this: g729a is available for * for $10/port
but the license enforcement program is a royal pain in the ass and support
to help 'fix' licensing issues when they inevitably occur is deplorable.

Try to stick with GSM and iLBC, which has better MOS than g729a anyway.

Regards,
Andrew