[Asterisk-Users] IpDialog phone issues.

Sean P. Robertson spr at netxusa.com
Tue Dec 9 18:22:56 MST 2003

--- Original Message -----
From: "listas iPfone" <listas at ipfone.com.br>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 3:16 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] IpDialog phone issues.

> Hi!
>
> I have one ipdialog  working well with cvs 10/09 but with latest cvs i
have
> the same problem.
>
> regards
>
> miklos

There used to be a setting in the IPDialog phones that would statically set
Inband or rfc8233 DTMF support but this setting is not present in the
SIPTone II version of the phone that was released a couple of months ago.

I emailed IPDialog support to find out what happened to it, and they tell me
that their phones now determine rfc8233 support from the capabilities list
exchanged during the establishment of a call.  It automatically sends Inband
if rfc8233 is not present.

Based on this information, and based on what miklos says above, it appears
that something may have changed in the way that Asterisk presents its
capabilities between the 10/9 cvs and the latest cvs version.

 miklos, would it be possible for you to email an ethereal trace of a call
from the two cvs versions that you have?  It should not be too hard to
figure out what is going on if we have a working and non-working trace.

I am also going to try to get IPDialog to put the static setting back in.

Sean