[Asterisk-Users] (no subject)

Adam Hart adam at teragen.com.au
Tue Dec 9 17:06:13 MST 2003

true, I didn't realise that but really, as soon as someone gets the program
they can legally release it for free - (the FAQ after the one you posted).
So one person buys the software and just posts the source on their website.
Also, does the FAQ answer you posted entail that the buyer can give the
written offer to anyone for free too. Although, I'm sure they'd sell with
comercial license of asterisk, not the GPL license.

The GPL says that modified versions, if released, must be "licensed ... to
all third parties." Who are these third parties?
Section 2 says that modified versions you distribute must be licensed to all
third parties under the GPL. "All third parties" means absolutely
everyone--but this does not require you to *do* anything physically for
them. It only means they have a license from you, under the GPL, for your
version.