[Asterisk-Users] vmail.cgi give Login incorrect error

Terry Wilson terry at otherwiseguy.com
Tue Dec 9 14:35:38 MST 2003

I am trying to get the vmail.cgi script to work with my setup and am
obviously doing something wrong...  I am using voicemail2, and have
created the mailboxes addmailbox.

Example voicemail.conf
[vm-group1]
1234 =>  1234, Bob Jones, bob at bobjones.org

When logging into vmail.cgi, I log in with 1234 at vm-group1 with a
password 1234.  So far, so good.  I can see one voicemail.  When I try
to play the voicemail, it asks which format I prefer.  I choose
Uncompressed WAV and click "save settings".  It then sends me to a
"Login Incorrect" page and asks me to login again.    I have tried
setting the files in /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/vm-group1/ to a+rwx
thinking it was maybe a permissions issue... no luck.  Anyone have any
ideas?