[Asterisk-Users] Erratic DTMF on E1/PRI (continuation of Strage bip on ISDN/PRI)

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Tue Dec 9 12:49:50 MST 2003

Paulo Mannheimer wrote:
> At the same site, DTMF recognition is functioning badly, sometimes
> duplicating digits and sometimes totally missing others.
>
> We have checked already /proc/interrups, there is no interrupt being
> shared.

FWIW right now this problem is the most vexing one we're facing,
actually eclipsing the "SIP behind NAT" deal as the one generating the
most complaints from our users.

My guess is in our heavily-used installations somewhere on the order of
one call in ten (we're using fairly nice AT&T instruments) is either
dropping DTMF digits or doubling them, and both are perceived as equally
serious to the user, especially in those cases where the difference
causes unintended consequences by matching a different element in the
dialplan.

Thx.

B.