[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk GUI Client Updated

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Tue Dec 9 12:53:19 MST 2003

Hello,

I have made some changes/improvements/bug fixes to the Asterisk GUI client I
have written in Perl/TK and have released a second beta version on
sourceforge:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/astguiclient/

Here are the screen shots of the client application running on Linux and
Windows:

http://www.freedomphones.net/astguiclient_linux_0.8.gif

http://www.freedomphones.net/astguiclient_windows_0.8.gif

Here are some of the changes I've made:
- Several bug fixes
- New button for monitoring live extensions on Zap channels
- Changed the method that the live channels/phone were populated on the
listboxes of the client app.
- Changed the Asterisk/Manager commands to work correctly with new Asterisk
CVS versions requirements.
- A new routine was enabled to allow for making sure that the updater is
running and bringing up a popup alert window on the client if the updater
has not updated in the last 6 seconds. (this also added a new MySQL table)
- Changed the updater to run every 450 milliseconds instead of every 333
milliseconds.
- Updater changed to allow for ringing channels to appear in the
live_channels table.

We have been using the same basic client for the last month and a half here
at my company and it is running well on over 60 machines.

I'm eager to hear what you all have to say about it, so send me those
comments.

MATT---